Knowledgeable Family Law Representation
Every family encounters legal challenges from time to time. As an immigrant, when you have questions about divorce or child custody, you should work with a qualified attorney who can provide comprehensive legal representation.
I am Dalaney Mecham. At my law firm, I work with clients throughout the Gulf Coast region to resolve not only their immigration problems, but also their domestic law matters. My holistic approach helps immigrant families move toward their objectives efficiently without jeopardizing their status or pending visa applications.
Some of the services I provide include:
- Divorce: Assistance with understanding the waiting period as well as how equitable division of marital property applies to your divorce
- Child custody: Protect your rights as a parent if you have a child but are not a citizen of the U.S.
- Special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS) predicate orders: These orders can lead to permanent residency for children and adults up to age 21.
- Guardianships: Obtaining a guardianship can protect the immigration status of children and young adults.
- Adoption: Adopting a child or adult is another option that can eventually lead to a green card.
Whatever legal struggle you face, I am here to provide counsel, advice and representation in Spanish and in English. I will be at your side every step of the way through your difficult family law matters.
Protecting the Futures of Kids & Young Adults
The children of noncitizen parents often face uncertain futures. I can help get them on the path to permanent residency by exploring options such as SJIS orders or adoption. Attorneys throughout the Gulf Coast region have sought my counsel for these matters. In my years of experience, I have helped hundreds of parents and children protect their immigration statuses and head toward a brighter future.
Ask Me About Your Domestic Law Concerns
When you encounter a challenging legal issue that leaves your future in question, reach out to me at the Mecham Law Firm. I am ready to provide the answers you need. Call or send me an email to schedule an initial telephone, internet video or in-person consultation.